Alteryx Designer Cloud Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Cloud.

Uploading folder with multiple excels in a workflow + monthly refresh

Hi all

I'm new to Alteryx (using Cloud), I tried to google / search in Help, but I couldn't find an answer for my following questions:

Can someone please help?

• When creating new workflow, how to upload and connect a folder with multiple excel sheets?
    (I only found a youtube video with solution for desktop - presenter used Directory Tool, but I don't have this option in my In/Out palette)
  • How to refresh this folder in Alteryx?
    (scenario is that I will add new folder on regular / monthly basis)

Thank you very much for your time!

3 REPLIES 3
smuravskyi
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Katerina,
Unfortunately, we can't currently upload a folder from your desktop computer. The workaround I can suggest is using Cloud Buckets (like Google Drive, Amazon S3, Microsoft OneDrive, etc.) with parametrization while creating a dataset. If you can sync your folder with a cloud bucket (or upload your folder there), you can connect to this cloud bucket in the 'Connections' section on the cloud platform. The next step is to go to the 'Data' section and initiate the 'Import Data' flow. Once you will select you r connection to cloud bucket, there will be in option in upper right corner called 'Create Dataset with Parameters'. It allows using a file mask (like '*.*') to get everything from a selected folder (but files should have the same column structure). A dataset created with this method will reference all the files during the full job run in Designer Cloud.
1.jpg

Hello and thank you very much for your reply! 

But when trying to create a connection, I'm not able to authenticate (please see attached screen shot).

Is it something our IT department needs to set-up?

Thank you.

smuravskyi
Alteryx
Alteryx

Yes, some configurations must be done on the Azure side (where Microsoft OneDrive is located), and additional configuration should be performed on the Alteryx Analytics Cloud Platform side to enable OAuth 2.0 for OneDrive. The IT Department should be able to help set it up.
Here is the link to the documentation that can help:
https://help.alteryx.com/AAC/en/platform/connections/supported-connection-types/microsoft-onedrive-c...