Alteryx Designer Cloud Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Cloud.

Is there a way to export a SQL query that mirrors a recipe (rather than creating and pushing a table to BigQuery)?

aaweis
6 - Meteoroid

My use case is that I will need to parse fields from a long array from a field in a Jira table (stored in BigQuery) to create a reporting dataset for a dashboard. The team that will need the resulting dataset wants to have the data available as a view (rather than a table) in BigQuery so that the dashboard using the data will be able to query real-time data, rather than waiting for a table refresh that would be scheduled in DataPrep. 

So, this would involve leveraging DataPrep's strength of creating a recipe and using patterns to pull the required fields from the array. Then, the output I want is actually the SQL code that I can create a view with in BigQuery; rather than the output being a BigQuery table that is refreshed on some interval.

Is this possible with Google DataPrep?

0 REPLIES 0
Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!