Alteryx Designer Cloud Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Cloud.

Getting error while Running the Output in Dataprep Flow

4717bafc0b4fbc73317e
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I have a simple use case. I get data from BigQuery through SQL and perform some simple transformations. After that when I run the output it always fails. Error message saying that "BigQuery job execution failed".

Kindly check this issue and let me know if you need any further information.

Job Id: 18512018

1 REPLY 1
Trifacta_Alumni
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Hamza User?,

I searched the logs for Job Group ID 18512018, but the full error is pretty much the same:

"Error getting status of job 30068777 (jobGroupId 18512018) - HTTP BigQueryJobFailed: BigQuery job failed: {errorMessage=Not found: Connection [connection_identifier] at [2:1], label=general-bigquery-job-runtime-exception, job-group-id=18512018} - 500"

For reference, here is an explanation of the 500 error code.

I have never encountered this error message before. Are able to comment on the redacted connection identifier? To what does this pertain, etc.?

I broadened my search to include all jobs for this flow. It has only succeeded once: on February 28, using Dataflow instead of the BigQuery running environment. Furthermore, I see that all jobs that were run on BigQuery have failed; whereas, jobs that ran on Dataflow typically have succeeded.

With this in mind, I recommend verifying the Required Dataprep User Permissions (esp. the Connection Permissions - BigQuery section and BigQuery-relevant entries in the Feature Permissions section). In addition, you may wish to try disabling optimization -- at least for this flow -- in the Flow Optimization Settings Dialog. This will force the job to run on Dataflow.

If ineffective, then best is to file a support ticket by emailing support at trifacta dot com. Please include a link to this thread for reference, as well as the exported flow corresponding to Job Group 18512018. Note: no input or output data is included with a flow export.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Nathanael

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!