Alteryx Designer Cloud Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Cloud.

Getting Output in a specified format

NehaIHG
7 - Meteor

Hi Everyone,

I am a beginner and have made this simple workflow. Now I want to get all the totals (SUM function results) to be populated in a single excel sheet, please help me how can I get that. 

Also, what is the best efficient way to get the lines making up all these totals amounts in excel sheets so that can be shared with others.

Thanks in advance!

Neha

2 REPLIES 2
peterr_h
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Without the workflow attached it's difficult to see exactly what you're after here.

However, I am assuming that all you'll want to do is connect all of the Summarize tools to one Union tool (as long as the data structure is consistent, i.e., [Account No] and [Sum] fields), line up the fields as required, and then connect the Union tool to one Output.

Let me know if this isn't the case and I can help further.

Cheers

javier_rios
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @NehaIHG 

We were all beginners at some point!! I love your curiosity. 

Looking at your workflow I am assuming that each output of each SUMMARIZE tool is similar or very similar.

I would recommend you to add a formula tool to each SUMMARIZE tool and add a column to identify where the data is coming from.

For example, add a formula tool and create a new column like: data_origin, and make it like

data_origing = first_branch for the first summarize tool (top to bottom)

data_origing = second_branch

data_origing = third_branch

data_origing = fourth_branch

and then union all the branches using a UNION tool; this way you are going to stack all the data from those branches. If you have fields that exist only on specific branches, use the manual configuration within the UNION tool.

Then you just need to output your file and share.

Hope this helps 😄

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!