Alteryx Designer Cloud Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Cloud.

Analytics Cloud Json Data Import

dkalyanasundaram
5 - Atom

Hello,

I am trying to import a json file using Analytics Cloud Json Data Import tool. The file contains a large number of fields (~1000) with long names. The data gets imported into appropriate columns when I reduce the number of columns to 500 odd fields. However when it goes beyond these 500 odd fields, all the data get imported into a single column. I am able to accommodate more fields as part of my import if I shorten some of the column names. Is there a limit on the column name of the fields in the data import? Is there a way to overcome this limitation?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
MeganBowers
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @dkalyanasundaram! This documentation indicates you should limit your column lengths to no more than 128 characters when loading data into the cloud platform: https://help.alteryx.com/AAC/en/platform/platform-reference/column-naming-requirements.html#column-n...

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!