Alteryx Connect Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Connect.

Effect on Gallery Loader After Gallery URL Change

sglynn14
8 - Asteroid

Hey All, 

If there is a need to change the URL for an existing Alteryx Gallery, after updating the Gallery loader to reflect the new URL, will Connect think this is a new Gallery altogether and thus duplicate all the existing workflows?

Or will Connect know it's the same Gallery and the same same workflows and thus no new XIDs are created.  

Best,

Sean

3 REPLIES 3
PetrH
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Sean, 
If you change Alteryx Server hostname, and don't do any action in Connect, it wont help you much.
Before running loader with new hostname, you need to go to administration/maintenance/stage and drop the stage for the single line with old server.(you will identify it by gallery URL, and also stage table names (AYX_WF...)
This step is important, because it free records in stage and allow NEW INSERTS => because on table AYX_WF there is primary key(Unique constraint) on WORKFLOW_ID column. Without this, You wont remove old assets(because they will have different load code) and also not insert new workflows(in theory you can add just the latest workflows created after last sync)
In this case the old Workflows assets should get updated. Because they will have SAME XID.
For workflows, the xid is created this way... 

PetrH_0-1680768485326.png

Hope I explained it meaningful way, and hope I was not too technical.

As best practice, before any big action I would consider to have backup.
Regards
Petr

sglynn14
8 - Asteroid

Hey Petr, 

Thanks for the reply.  To make sure I understand you correctly all we have to do is remove the line item for the existing (old) Gallery loader that sits on the Stage tab in the Admin Console.  And when we run the Gallery loader with the new URL, Connect will know to slot the workflows into the existing XIDs from the old run.  Thus keeping any existing curation for the workflows.

It would seem that after deleting the old load code from Stage, we should NOT do any Sync from the Jobs page as that would permanently remove all XIDs for the workflows.  Any we'd be starting from scratch with the new loader run. 

Best,

Sean

PetrH
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Sean, exactly, Just drop line in stage, do not sync(you would start fresh if soft delete is disabled) and run the loader with new server name.