Alteryx Connect Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Connect.

Bulk Import Error: Column Owner Already Exists in Sheet Table

sglynn14
8 - Asteroid

Hey All, 

I am trying to update assets by exporting them to excel and then reimporting.  In this use case I am simply trying to add related terms to assets.  

When I go to import, I keep getting the following warning message: Column Owner already exists in sheet table.  It says it is just a warning, but the upload never goes through.  

I tried to delete the Owner Column after the export, but the warning message in the next import moves to another column and says: Status already exists in sheet table.  This message keeps going each time I delete the column it addresses.

Seems like only Glossary export/import is the only type that works successfully.  But this message has come up in all other export/imports... Workflows, Data Sources, etc. 

Any ideas why this message comes up and how to resolve it?

Screenshot 2022-07-11 104213.png

2 REPLIES 2
PetrH
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @sglynn14  the excel export/import is designed for glossary items. I can imagine its used for any manual created assets, however use case for loaded content is not the right one. Loaded assets to be loaded. 
I know its working for many similar use cases, but its not intended to operate such way for loaded content.

just to explain why - 
The reason in this case is the field owner, who is on backend spited to owner(loaded from source system) and owner (added on connect) and those fields are combined on Connect UI. 

sglynn14
8 - Asteroid

Hey @PetrH , thanks for the reply.  So the most efficient way to add existing glossary terms to assets (workflows, data sources, etc.) would be to utilize the bulk edit feature in Connect?  Or is there another way to do this for multiple assets at once?