Alter.Nation

Community news, customer stories, and more!
MeganDibble
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

We’ve made it through the dog days of summer. Hopefully, you’ve had a chance to soak in the sun (in addition to developing Alteryx workflows, of course)!

Source: GIPHY

Read on to learn about Community updates and news from the last two months, and stick around for some content highlights at the end.

Need to Know

Check out the latest and greatest updates from the Community Team!

• The Certification Exam page had a massive overhaul! This sleek new design is easy on the eyes and allows people to easily see their exam statuses and eligibility.

Picture1.png

• Speaking of exams, you can now find everything you need to prepare for exams, like prep guides, FAQs, and practice tests, from the main navigation under Learn > Academy > Certification Resources.
  • The Tool Mastery library has been moved to a new home under ‘Learn’ on the main navigation. Be sure to check it out for an in-depth look at Designer tools!
  • The Alteryx IO page had ‘Blogs’ added to the main navigation, giving you easy access to the latest and greatest from Alteryx IO!
  • The bug that was causing the private messenger window to open when accessing your Community is fixed. Phew!
  • The cookie banner on Community has been updated to the same banner as other Alteryx properties, allowing users to easily control their cookie settings.

Community News

In case you missed it, our Knowledge Base is moving to Mission Control. A key feature of Mission Control is its unified search functionality—you will be able to explore all KBAs, community posts, help documentation, and other relevant information that can assist in problem resolution and answer your queries. Learn more in this blog announcement.

There’s a new interactive lesson on the block! Check out Location Intelligence - Using Spatial Insights to learn more about how to use new features in Location Intelligence.

The User Group Meetings are at full blast, with more and more in-person meet-ups! Charlotte, NC, Orange County, CA, and Atlanta, GA, just met and had a lot of fun networking with their local communities. Check out our User Group Meetings calendar! And if you feel you have missed something, we have you covered! Check our meetings round-up.

In case you are still looking for a Local User Group in your area and want to learn more, connect with the User Group team at usergroups@alteryx.com.

Read & Listen

Many of our top blogs last month were about new features—in the product and in Community. App Builder made a big splash on the Engine Works blog, and the top Analytics blog of the month was about new cloud platform features. Our most-viewed Alter.Nation blog announced new digital learning and certification for Auto Insights on the Maveryx Community.  

For some fun how-tos, check out this detailed blog on web scraping in Alteryx by @le_luu, and this creative blog on creating a crossword puzzle in Alteryx by @JamesCharnley. As a reminder, if you would like to write a blog for the Maveryx community, you can learn about the submission guidelines and process here.

We had ACE @Ken_Black on the podcast to talk about his work with climate change data in Alteryx. Give this interesting and timely discussion a listen below:

If you enjoy our podcast, we’d love for you to leave it a review on your streaming platform of choice!

Conclusion

Thanks for reading! I hope you are as excited about these Community highlights as we are.

I'd love to hear a highlight from your summer in the comments ☀️

Megan Dibble
Sr. Content Manager

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.