Welcome & Introductions

Get to know the people behind the avatar! Introduce yourself, welcome peers, build connections & extend your network.

Take a moment to introduce yourself to the Community. We'd love to get to know you!

Learn More

New to DB and Alteryx

dyun1dyun1
5 - Atom

Hello,

I have a PM background but getting started in a new job and working with Alteryx software. Any tips and best practices is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @dyun1dyun1, welcome to the community! We're a very friendly bunch and love helping eachother so don't be afraid to post any queries you have on the discussions board ( https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/bd-p/designer-discussions  )

A great place to start your learning is on the Weekly Challenges which cover a wide range of topics and levels of difficulty! ( https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/bd-p/weeklychallenge )

Kind regards,

Jonathan

Alteryx_AR
12 - Quasar

@dyun1dyun1 -  Welcome to the Alteryx Community.

Here are few tips -

1. Interactive Lessons- - Without a doubt the Alteryx interactive lessons had been an amazing plattaform to expand knowledge of what is even possible with Alteryx. I strongly recommend to check and absorb as much as possible. Interactive Lessons - Alteryx Community.

1. Help documentations –I started learning Alteryx through documentations in the site.   Documentation | Alteryx Help

1. Weekly challenges- They get posted up weekly, at three different difficulty levels, by members of the Alteryx community. These challenges include data preparation, analysis, spatial and much more.  Sometimes I am not be able to complete the challenge but with a quick search at someone else’s solution I will find a way. The single biggest thing to realize about Alteryx is that there is almost always more than one way of getting to a solution - what separates the beginners from the advanced users is being able to identify which one of the multiple ways suits each particular situation. Weekly Challenge - Alteryx Community.

1. User  Group - I am sure it will help you a lot. User Groups - Alteryx Community

1. Tool Mastery- I have found the Tool Mastery knowledge base articles particularly useful, especially if I want to understand how and why a specific tool was used.

1. Sample Workflows in Designer- Alteryx Designer contains a number of sample workflows to demonstrate tool functionality and use cases. We can access these directly in Designer top menu. Help > Sample workflows

ArtiRajput_0-1647792313978.png

1. Discussions- And also the power of the community answering questions and posting questions...
  2. Certifications-There are three main certifications that Alteryx provides. Core, Advanced and expert. Core and advanced are free of any cost. Preparing for these exams helps a lot to enhance knowledge and upskill myself.  Certification - Alteryx Community
Labels