Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #53: Parsing Report Formatted Data

mithily
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
getting more used to batch macros here and first time using it for the text to column tool
mattnason1
9 - Comet

Quick and easy.

SJKIM
8 - Asteroid

Done

boglarkalipka
8 - Asteroid

solved

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Simple enough!

Spoiler
image.png
Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
anabelvelazque
8 - Asteroid

Hi! here is my take :-)

Spoiler
Screenshot 2023-09-27 172746.png
Computernerd
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution.  I do like the proposed solution better as mine only allows 1-20 columns

Computernerd
8 - Asteroid

My Solution

lwolfie
10 - Fireball

I tried to use the analytic map to start with but kept running into an error that the number had to be between 2 and 100.  So I switched it up and looked at the tool mastery for the text to columns and found a much easier way.   Greater reminder of other ways to configure the text to columns.

Tgigs
8 - Asteroid

My solution attached.

Unfortunately not as dynamic as I would like it to be so there is some room for improvement.

I wanted to make it so that the number of columns based on the text input gets captured and then that value is used to dynamically update the number of columns parameter in the text to columns tool but unfortunately I dont know if this is possible.

It would be really nice if Alteryx had this capability, that is to dynamically update parameters of tools based on results from within the workflow. This is one thing I think Alteryx is missing that would really take it to the next level.

Spoiler.PNG