Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #440: Unmask the Saboteur

AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

Maveryx_WC_Banner.png

Hi Maveryx,

A solution to last week’s challenge can be found here.

There's a saboteur among us! Martin Ding brings us this intriguing challenge today. Thanks, Martin, for this brilliant idea.

A saboteur has infiltrated our team and has been secretly sabotaging operations and eliminating our colleagues. You have been given a dataset from the security department that includes the date, time, room, and personnel logs for an office building where the saboteur is hiding, as well as details of each incident and their corresponding victims.

So far this is the information you have available:

• The saboteur has eliminated seven victims in total.
  • The saboteur avoids daylight and only works during nighttime (8:00 PM to 6:00 AM).
  • A macro is provided to help you to confront the suspects.
    • Hint: To connect to the macro correctly, the output of your last tool should contain the following fields: Date, Time, Room, Personnel Logs, Incident, and Victims. (Each row should only have a single employee’s name; so, do not concatenate the names.)
  • The saboteur has a fake name, so once you discover who the person is, you should determine their real name.
    • Hint: The real name is the employee’s name spelled in reverse order (no spaces).

Your output should include both the saboteur's fake name and real name.

For your reference, we have included an additional hint within the workflow that contains the list of suspects.

Need a refresher? Review the following lessons in Academy to gear up:

Good luck!

AYX-Maveryx_Micro Identity-Maveryx Academy_wordmark.png

mmontgomery
11 - Bolide

C440.

Spoiler
Spent a bunch of time doing date/time calcs only for it to be irrelevant. Fun challenge otherwise!c440.png
RashedDS
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
440-.JPG

Tofel
8 - Asteroid

I could only narrow it down to 3 suspects. The only other clue after that is suspect name.

Spoiler
Challenge 440.jpg

Unfortunately because I am using old Alteryx version, I could not export this workflow, so I had to put out contents of the macro outside.

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
image.png
jeprime
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
Spoiler
solution shown.pngsolution image.png
I had fun with this one. My kids love the game "among us" - but the logic for this was even more straight forward.

Spoiler

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Done!

Spoiler
Challenge 440.png
AGilbert
11 - Bolide

Col. Mustard in the Library with a Candlestick

Spoiler
Screenshot 2024-09-03 120031.png
balajilolla2
9 - Comet
Spoiler
Solution AttachedScreenshot 2024-09-03 122640.jpg
ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Fun challenge!  I may have done more than I needed to...

Spoiler
...I also made sure the suspect didn't work any day shifts.  I wasn't sure if there was a way to refine further, but I ended up accusing four people.

Screenshot 2024-09-03 160850.png