Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #435: Universal Summer Cup Stats – Part 1

AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

Banner_Community_Megan2.png

Hi Maveryx,

A solution to last week’s challenge can be found here.

Welcome to our Maveryx Summer Cup 2024! This event runs from July 24 through August 11, 2024. To earn points and win a medal that will appear as a badge on your profile, you can complete many different activities in Community, including this challenge and next week’s challenge, as well as any other published Weekly Challenge or Cloud Quest.

Thank you, Alteryx ACE Alex (@alexnajm) , for submitting this challenge as part of our campaign to feature user-submitted challenges for special occasions!

We live in a vast universe, and some say that there are other life forms out there. In this challenge, you have discovered that there are athletes competing in sports from various constellations in a universe-wide event! Every summer these extraterrestrial athletes meet and compete across the galaxy in the same sports that we have here on Earth. This challenge asks you to get the Universal Summer Cup stats by constellation. The provided dataset contains the results for all athletes in their sports from 2004 to 2016.

Your tasks:

1. Find the most successful Summer Cup sport per constellation. The constellation name is listed in the Team column. Assign points for each medal: 3 points for Gold, 2 points for Silver, and 1 point for Bronze.
  2. Using the same rubric from Task 1, determine the most successful athlete per constellation in the Summer Cup and list their event medals.

Need a refresher? Review the following lessons in Academy to learn more and earn points during the event:

Good luck!

AYXAcademy_0-1721836484055.png

Olympic_Weekly_Challenges.png

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

My solution!

Spoiler
スクリーンショット 2024-07-30 000925.png

mmontgomery
11 - Bolide

c435

Spoiler
c435.png
rkakde
8 - Asteroid

My Solution:

Spoiler
435.png

Rishi
Tofel
8 - Asteroid

Hopefully my galaxy is going to do better this year 😁

Spoiler
Challenge 435.JPG

griffinwelsh
12 - Quasar

My solution has more records than the original because it includes all records that tie for the top points. The original solution seems to just arbitrarily pick a record when there is a tie.

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
image.png
Powerhouse_21
9 - Comet
Spoiler
435.png
binuacs
21 - Polaris
Spoiler