Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #429: Inspire 2024 – Grand Prix (Lap 2)

AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

Inspire_Training_Banner_3337x600.png

Hi Maveryx,

A solution to last week’s challenge can be found here.

Welcome to the second lap of our Weekly Challenge based on the Inspire 2024 Grand Prix. Get ready to dive deeper into this challenge and showcase your spatial skills!

The Silverstone racetrack owners offered McLaren some space inside the track for their VIP area. Using the provided Silverstone racetrack spatial object and data for the point that represents the finish line, your job is to find a zone within the interior of the track that meets the following location and capacity requirements. Then, calculate how many seats will fit in that VIP zone.  

Requirements for the VIP zone: Ayrton_Senna_Marlboro.jpg

1. Only areas inside the track should be considered, and for safety reasons, the edge of the VIP zone cannot be within 10 meters (0.01 kilometers) of the track.

1. For optimal viewing, the VIP zone should be within a 100-meter (0.1-kilometer) trade area of the finish line.

1. VIPs should have a maximum capacity of 1 person per 10 square meters of space. 

What is the total number of VIP seats (no partial people allowed) that McLaren can fit inside the designated VIP zone?

Hint: Once you calculate square kilometers available within the constraints, multiply that by 1,000,000 to get square meters, divide that by 10, and round down to the nearest whole number to determine the number of VIP seats available.

Feel free to use the hints provided within the workflow.

Need a refresher? Review the Spatial Lessons in Academy to gear up.

Good luck!

AYX-Maveryx_Micro Identity-Maveryx Academy_wordmark.png

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
429.jpg
mmontgomery
11 - Bolide

C249

Spoiler
I was pit crew in GP so I knew the context of the problem before. Got it in 3:23c429.png
AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

My solution.

Spoiler
I finished in 5 minutes. But I saw this competition in-person.

スクリーンショット 2024-06-17 234623.png

Flo_P
9 - Comet
Spoiler
Not optimal since I don't use these tools much but still nice to learn
image.png
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
image.png
ggruccioAYX