Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #411: Link a New CRM to an Existing Financial System

olga_strubbe
Bólide

Thank you, @Watermark and @AYXAcademy, for the challenge. It was a tough one, that's for sur :)  Helped me to dive deeper into RegEx.

My approach follows a similar path & logic as @TurboToad  - thinking this is a straightforward approach with just as few tools as possible from what I can gather :)

My results for tasks 2 & 5 match perfectly while  tasks 1,3 & 4 are off just a tiny bit.  Let me know what might need to be fixed there if you can. 

2024-01-30_07-47-21.png

Aurora_M
Meteoro

Good challenge! That took a while and a lot of regex attempts. 

Some slight variation in the outcome of task 4! 

Saqueador
Spoiler!
challenge 411 solved.png

Watermark
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

@olga_strubbe , 

@AYXAcademy  will post a solution next week, but I will say the solution that I submitted when I did it last year involved a complete isolation of all the elements of a web URL that you see in the "HINT" on URL structure, for every entry (see the answer for #2).  The beauty of course is that everyone has an approach, and there is no 1 'right' way. 

mmontgomery
Bólide

Yikes. Needed some chatGPT help on the regex, tbh

Saqueador
c411.png
AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

My solution. I tried to parse the url structure by RegEx, but as a result, some task are not matched.

Saqueador
スクリーンショット 2024-01-31 010916.png

In real business, this my direction is not so good. But in the parsing the url structure, I think that it's not so bad.

Watermark
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

@Aurora_M , 

You're 'so' close on your answer to #4.

Here's a couple hints, read the question 'very' carefully.

You didn't provide your flow so I can't be 100%, but think I see it from your notations.  If all else fails, compare your results and provided results to identify discrepancies.   You'll see it.   Good luck. 

TurboToad
Bola de fogo

@olga_strubbe , being as I've stared at this way too long I was happy to take a look. There was just a few records your expression was missing. I made some slight tweaks and this should resolve the mismatches. 

These were the websites your expression wasn't quiet parsing correctly:

HTTP://WWW.WWD-INC.COM 
HTTP://WWW.WWS-CPA.COM 
WWW--EMBROIDME-COCKEYSVILLE--COM.RTRK.COM
WWW--EMBROIDME-FULLERTONMD--COM.RTRK.COM
HTTP://WWW-REDIRECT.EXT.HP.COM 

2 of them have extra W's in front the url and the others have the hyphens between the WWW. I tweaked your expression and this should resolve it.

Saqueador

(HTTPS?\:\/\/)?(ww[w\d]*(?:\.w{2})?\.?)?([a-z0-9\-\.]*)([\/\?:].*)?$

Non-capturing group
(?:\.w{2})?
? matches the previous token between zero and one times, as many times as possible, giving back as needed (greedy)
\. matches the character . with index 4610 (2E16 or 568) literally (case insensitive)

w
matches the character w with index 11910 (7716 or 1678) literally (case insensitive)
{2} matches the previous token exactly 2 times

\.
matches the character . with index 4610 (2E16 or 568) literally (case insensitive)
? matches the previous token between zero and one times, as many times as possible, giving back as needed (greedy)

There are also 2 records in task #2 that I believe are not correct in the solution:

Field:Domain URL Row:206 Expected:B-S-CORP.COM Actual:D-B-S-CORP.COM
Field:Domain URL Row:641 Expected:AND-INSPECTION-SERVICE.COM Actual:STATE-CERTIFIED-HOME-BUILDER-AND-INSPECTION-SERVICE.COM

balajilolla2
Cometa
Saqueador
Screenshot 2024-01-30 130447.jpg
TurboToad
Bola de fogo

@olga_strubbe, I took a look at your solution and think I can see why you're getting the variances. 

There's a few oddball formatted websites that your expression isn't extracting the Base URL correctly. 
411_OS.PNG
I made a few tweaks to your expression and this get's it to match up. 

Saqueador
(HTTPS?\://)?(ww[w\d]*(?:\.w{2})?\.?)?([a-z0-9\-\.]*)([/\?:].*)?$

yyGuo
Meteoroide

Only task4 has a different result

Saqueador