Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #411: Link a New CRM to an Existing Financial System

AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

Maveryx_WC_Banner.png

Hi Maveryx,

A solution to last week’s challenge can be found here. 

Don't forget that we are running a campaign inviting all of you to contribute to our upcoming 2024 Weekly Challenges! Your ideas and participation are crucial in shaping an engaging and innovative year ahead. Visit our blog post to review the guidelines and submit your challenge to earn our brand-new accolade, the Weekly Challenge Contributor Badge! AYXAcademy_0-1706543619428.png

A special thanks to Mark Thompson (@Watermark)   for submitting this challenge some time ago. Your contribution is greatly appreciated, Mark! It is a fantastic opportunity for our users to test and enhance their RegEx tool skills.

Your company recently adopted a new customer relationship management (CRM) tool but overlooked a crucial detail: how to link company records in the new CRM to the companies in the legacy financial system. The common link between these systems is the company’s URL, but the website data entered by the sales team in the CRM is inconsistent and often incorrect.

As the person responsible for solving this issue, your tasks are to:

1. Match each company in the legacy financial system with its corresponding record in the new CRM.
  2. Analyze the CRM data to identify how many entries contain “dirty data,” meaning entries with subdirectories in the URL.
  3. Determine the number of distinct websites (base URL) that matched during the data integration process.
  4. Identify companies within the US that have multiple opportunities in the CRM (more than one). (Hint: Use the domain URL.)
  5. Identify companies with multiple opportunities (more than one) outside of the US.

Hint: To identify the countries, look for two-character top-level domain (TLD) codes in the URLs. Assume that any other code (for example, .com, .net, or .org) is associated with a US-based company.

If you want to learn how to use regular expressions to parse your data, you can review the following lessons in Academy:

Good luck!

AYX-Maveryx_Micro Identity-Maveryx Academy_wordmark.png

RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

here's my take

Spoiler
I did not filter down to the .net and .org because to assume is... well you knowI did not filter down to the .net and .org because to assume is... well you know
alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

This Regex will be the death of me! 😂

Edit: I got #2 and #3 correct before having to break, I'll come back to it as I can and edit further (or repost).

ahsanaali
11 - Bolide
Spoiler
411.png

braveraj
10 - Fireball
Spoiler
Website Regex Workflow.png
TurboToad
10 - Fireball

Love me some Regex! Spent way too much time on this but was fun. Had some slight variations in the answers.

Spoiler
411.PNG

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
team brute force!
image.png
gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Data migration from legacy system is a kind of challenging task. It reminds me of the need for a proper "data catalog".

I had to make assumption on input data to complete this challenge. I ended up not matching to the result perfectly but parsing URL was a fun for me.

Spoiler
image.png
LKM
7 - Meteor

CRM Num 4712 and 16415 are incorrect in output task 1.

Some outputs in output task 4 look incorrect such as "AMERICAN-DATA.NET" and "AMFIBI.COMPANY".

Anyway it is an interesting challenge.

Spoiler
Screenshot 2024-01-30 174726.png
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
411.jpg