Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

What do you think of the new SSO feature?

DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I don't know if it is only me who find the SSO a pain... I need an email OTP every time I sign on to community and that only works on my laptop, not on mobile. That has frankly discouraged me from logging in - even though I really want to check in on the news, watch the videos and the interactive lessons, read the discussions... all the good stuffs that keep the community a community...

Does anyone experience similar issue and know a way to circumvent this?

9 REPLIES 9
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @DawnDuong ,

yeah, single sign on has become double sign on, as all my passwords are stored in a vault and they don't work, so I sign in, then have to click sign in at the top. 

So, although it's not a massive hardship, it's not as good as before.

M.

Bulien

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Yeah personally experience was slightly better before, as the SSO seems to log me out sometimes through the day at seemingly random times.

Otherwise, i've had little issues with it however, although i haven't tried it on mobile.

Cheers,
TheOC

Bulien
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

I can agree with the above comments. We need to login multiple times and stay logged in feature is not available like the older version.

Maybe Alteryx Community dev team is working on this fixes hopefully they fix these soon.

TreyW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks everyone for the feedback! A few updates/questions for you all: 

1. OTP Should only happen for the first registration, and if you are changing any Pii information. Can you please confirm it's happening to you more often than that @DawnDuong ? 

2. The short duration of inactivity before logout is a known issue that we're actively trying to fix. This fix is dependent currently on the community team, our vendor, and our Alteryx SSO team. We'll provide an update here or in the release notes once we have a solve for this. In the meantime, apologies for the inconvenience - as an avid user I also find it very frustrating. 

3. Password managers should still work (I use LastPass for example) - can you please describe more about what happens? Is it the auto-login portion that's not working? Or it won't store your password at all for this site, but will for others? You aren't the first person to mention this @mceleavey  but I can't reproduce it, so any additional detail you could provide would help us troubleshoot! 

Thanks again everyone for your patience, we promise to continue working on this until we get it to an ideal state. 

Senior Manager, Community Platform + Operations at Alteryx

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @TreyW ,

I actually figured this out and meant to post an update. I've been using my standard shortcut for the Alteryx Community, which meant I was going to the old sign-in page, which was populating my details from Lastpass, but then taking me in but not logging me in. I then needed to click "Sign In" at the top of the page. I simply copied the URL for this sign-in button and replaced the existing shortcut URL. This took me to the new sign-in which works perfectly.

So,

All good.

M

Bulien

kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

All good here, other than the logout frequency (thank you for the update on that, @TreyW!) I use a password manager and have had no issues (it fills my new password as expected).

Shifty
12 - Quasar

Hey @TreyW,

I get the OTP for each new device I log-in with.  I think this is probably by design as it seems to make sense but just wanted to confirm that we see OTPs for this as well as initial registration and changing PII.

TreyW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Yes, I stand corrected, thanks for pointing that out @Shifty - it is fact one-time per new device. 🙂

Senior Manager, Community Platform + Operations at Alteryx

alucca
5 - Atom

I also have some inconvenience when using it on mobile devices, it doesn't seem to be consistent with logging in with the same account at the same time.

mapquest driving directions

Labels