Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Welcome & Introduce Yourself

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Welcome to the General forum - we're so glad you’re here! 

Whether you've been part of the Maveryx Community for years, are brand new, or simply want to expand your network, you’ve come to the right place. Our goal is to provide a space where analytical-minded people can connect, engage, and learn in order to drive meaningful outcomes. As part of that, we encourage you to get to know your peers by introducing yourself on this thread!  

Introduce Yourself

Reply to this thread to introduce yourself to the Community. Let us know who you are, what you do, what expertise you have to share, what you may be looking for in this community, your hobbies...anything you'd like. What you share is up to you!

We look forward to meeting you!

Welcome your Peers & Network

As new introductions are posted, we encourage everyone to get to know new members by replying to each users introduction topic. Feel free to say hello and wish them a warm welcome, ask follow-up questions, or point them to Community resources to help guide them on their journey with Alteryx.

Please Follow the Rules of Engagement 

You're more than welcome to include a link to your business' website in your introduction post, however, please don't use the post to solicit new business. Per our Community Guidelines, solicitations and advertisements are not allowed on the site.

The purpose of the Introductions thread is to build connections with your Community peers and provide a space for you to get to know each other. If you have questions about the Alteryx Platform, please visit the appropriate Product discussion board.

If you'd like to get to know the Community Team, take a peek at their intros here

281 REPLIES 281
thaole201
5 - Atom

Hi everyone my name is Katelyn, and this is my last year at CSUF. I major in Business with a concentration in Accounting. This is also my first time learning about Alteryx, and I was amazed by all the things I can do with Alteryx. Hopefully, by the end of this semester, I'll be able to get all the fundamentals down to help me with my future career. 

masonjones98
5 - Atom

Hi everyone! My name is Mason and I am a student at CSUF. Learning Alteryx sounds found and I look forward to doing so.

jameztn
5 - Atom

Hi everyone,

My name is James Nguyen. I'm a student at California State University of Fullerton. I installed Alteryx for my Accounting Emerging Technologies class. I'm enjoying learning about Alteryx and its uses so far and am looking forward to gaining more skills. I have a question for the community; how have you implemented Alteryx in your work or school tasks?

Thank you all, and I'm excited to be here.

jxkxb
5 - Atom

Hello everyone,

I'm currently a student with a concentration in accounting. I enjoy learning new skills/hobbies so I'm looking forward to learning a lot more about Alteryx as it's something that applies to my industry of work. 

marisolw
5 - Atom

Hello, my name is Marisol Walker and I am a senior in college. I just started learning how to use Alteryx and I'm excited to continue this journey. Let me know if you have any recommendations on learning how to navigate different types of databases and which types are best to use on Alteryx! Looking forward to connecting with everyone.

nathanhunt
5 - Atom

Hello everyone,

My name is Nathan Hunt and am currently pursuing a bachelors in accounting! I enrolled in a course that would improve my technical skills with several different software including Alteryx. So far, I've enjoyed learning about the processes and filtering capabilities of the platform! I am curious on how to link Alteryx with other software (besides excel).

nikkiechau168
5 - Atom

Hi Katelyn, 

I'm also a CSUF student with a concentration in an accounting. I enjoy learning new skills that could help me in my industry and would like to up skill as well. This is also my first time learning Alteryx and I am surprised how practical and functional of this app is. Good luck with your last semester!

an_drew72
5 - Atom

My name is Andrew Ramirez, I am from CSUF majoring in accounting.

A question that I have with Alteryx is that when we bring in data from an outside source what if the data doesn't come out like the outside source? Would the program indicate where the error is from, either the outside source or a programming error.

This is definitely new to me, I have had no prior knowledge to these programs so getting to learn Alteryx is eye opening as to how much data we can retrieve. 

nikkiechau168
5 - Atom

Hi everyone, 
My name is Nikki. I am CSUF student with a concentration in accounting. This is the first time learning AlteryX software besides QuickBooks and Excel. I wonder how popular this software is. Which industries typically use AlteryX software the most? How does it compare to other data analytics tools on the market?

JLastufka
5 - Atom

Hello, my name is Jacob Lastufka and I am student at CSUF taking Accounting 404. This is my first time working with Alteryx and I'm finding it very interesting to use compared to other software such as Excel and Access. 

I hope that over the course of this class, that I can become more proficient with Alteryx to the point where I can take what I've learned and apply it in the future. 

Labels