Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Weekly challenge, Core certificate

dhruva
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I have one question. If I need to take Core certificate exam how many weeks challenge I need to go through?

5 REPLIES 5
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @dhruva , everyone is different so there is no definite answer (or even an approximate one!).  I would suggest you go through the Getting Started Learning Path in the Alteryx Academy first.  Once you are pretty confident that you have mastered that, just start doing some weekly challenges.  When you feel that you're fairly efficient in those (maybe it'll take 5, maybe 20; like I said, everyone is different), start trying to answer questions that other users post in the Designer Discussions board.  

Since the exam is free of charge, and you can re-take it every 7 days, give it a shot when you feel confident enough!

Good luck and let us know how you do!

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @dhruva 

I believe for the core, i had done 10 basic, 1 intermediate, and 1 advanced challenge. 

The basics are the most important for core. However even more important, is the study guides and understanding the tools you have access to.

If you need any help shoot me a message!

Cheers,
TheOC

Bulien
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @dhruva 

As others have said, no requirement, however the prep guide lists several challenges that will help prepare you. I'd suggest starting there. 

https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/ayx.policies/Core+Certification+Exam+Prep+Guide.pdf

rickey0830
8 - Asteroid

I just passed my core exam and I haven't done any weekly challenges yet. I just watched the videos, did the interactive learning, and went through the tool examples within Alteryx. YMMV

Alteryx_AR
12 - Quasar

@dhruva  I didn't complete a single challenge when I clear core certification.

Labels