Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

Order to Complete Interactive Lessons

11silviop
5 - Atom

Hello everyone,

Just a quick question. Is it better to go through the Interactive Lessons by going to "All Lessons" and then going in order through each lesson, or is it more beneficial to go through each Interactive Lesson subcategory (e.g., "Getting Started," "Alteryx for Excel Users", etc.) and proceed in order WITHIN each category, before moving on to the next subcategory.

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

-Paul

2 REPLIES 2
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @11silviop 

If you're brand new to Alteryx, I would start off doing them in order (like in All lessons). Once you've mastered some of the basic techniques and you're comfortable putting together you own workflows, you can start mixing it up based on the topics that interest you.

Everyone learns in a different way, so there really is no right and wrong.

For me, the key to learning though is to start playing with your own data straight away and build your own workflows based on the techniques you learnt in the lessons.

The 3rd thing I'd recommend, once you have a foundation level of knowledge from the lessons and your own workflows, is to start doing the weekly challenges. There's and index with well over 200 challenges and they are categorised by topic and by difficulty, so you can start with the easy ones and work your way up.

If you do these 3 things in combination, your Alteryx knowledge will rocket exponentially!

Happy Alteryxing!

wwatson
12 - Quasar

adding to @DavidP 's comments I would also look at the videos in the Academy section. They add a great deal of colour to the interactive lessons.

Labels