Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Open Example error

Sukumar
7 - Meteor

Hi Everyone,

I tried to add a "Open Example" for custom tool in alteryx designer. I added a workflow for below path C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Samples\en\Emotion and successfully visible for Help-->Sample Workflows-->Emotion-->.yxmd files. After tool installation the open example option was not visible in designer and added a config file also. Below is the example

Sukumar_0-1658761073696.png

Sukumar_1-1658761154946.png

Anyone facing this scenario Kindly provide the solution on this. 

7 REPLIES 7
dana_mcdonough
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

HI @Sukumar - it might be as simple as updating the forward slash to a back slash? I found the instructions for adding an example to a custom tool here: Instructions for Adding Custom Tool Example Link and it seems like you followed them appropriately. Only thing I noticed was the slash.

Sukumar
7 - Meteor

Hi @dana_mcdonough 

I changed the slash to back slash but still am facing the problem. The Open Example not displayed in tools. Below is the example

Sukumar_0-1659338156993.pngSukumar_1-1659338232752.png

DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Sukumar 

Instead of saving the example to C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Samples\en\Emotion try saving it to C:\Program Files\Alteryx\Samples\en\Emotion

Sukumar
7 - Meteor

Hi @DavidSkaife 

I tried that below path also but not working. If you have any example from your end let me share it will helpful for me. Thanks

Sukumar
7 - Meteor

@DavidSkaife Its working fine now. I send the custom tool installation to other users but open example was not visible for other users. How to send the file to other users.

Sukumar_0-1659432383002.png

DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Sukumar 

I suspect you'll have to do the same for the other users that you have done for your machine in order for them to see the examples. The guidance linked above states the example has to be distributed seperately as it doesn't come as part of the custom tool package.

Sukumar
7 - Meteor

Thanks @DavidSkaife .

Labels