General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Input tool in a macro for dynamic usage - OCI problem with user/password

Bargeton
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I've created a macro with just an "input tool" to connect to a dabatase and execute 1 sql query.

My macro take 2 inputs

1)

the connection string with the |||sql statement

example:

odbc:Driver={PostgreSQL UNICODE};Server=xxxxxxxxx;Port=1234;Database=dbname;Uid=login;Pwd=password|||SELECT * FROM my_table

oci:login/password@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=xxxxxxxxx)(PORT=1234))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=dbname)))|||SELECT * FROM my_table

This parameter of the macro update the "File" parameter with option "update the value (by default)"

2)

the connection type:

• 23 for ODBC
  • 17 for OCI

For ODBC, with postgresql, it working well.

For OCI, so for Oracle, there is a bug like this (I've translated from french to english.. not sure of the real english message) :

Error: ODBC_SQL (127): ODBC_Input (7): Record #1: Tool #6: Folder "C:\Users\me\Projects\oci:login\password@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=xxxxxxxxx)(PORT=1234))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=dbname)))" not valid : The specified path does not exist (3).

Where "C:\Users\me\Projects\" is the path of my workflow in my laptop.

What I suspect is that :

• with oci, the login and password is put with "login/password"; there is a slash character.
  • I suspect that Alteryx view a slash in the connection string and try to translate it as a full path on my laptop...
  • And we can see in the error message that the "login/password" become "login\password"... so translated as a windows path...

Note that when I use an input tool, and manually put the string

oci:login/password@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=xxxxxxxxx)(PORT=1234))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=dbname)))|||SELECT * FROM my_table

it working well.

It's the usage inside the macro which make it not working with the slash to path problem.

Regards,

Alex

0 REPLIES 0
Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels