Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

How to stop Alteryx from 'stealing focus' when starting up in Windows?

glenperes
8 - Asteroid

Does anybody know how can i stop Alteryx from 'stealing focus' when starting up in windows?

Whenever Alteryx starts up, it shows the Alteryx splash screen for 10-30 seconds on top of all other Windows and this is really annoying, because i cannot do anything else, but wait for that annoying Alteryx splash screen to go away.

Does anybody have a solution for this?

Alteryx stealing focus.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Taj_First_Mile
6 - Meteoroid

You could try removing Alteryx from starting up automatically whenever you boot up: https://www.howtogeek.com/74523/how-to-disable-startup-programs-in-windows/#:~:text=All%20you%20have....

That way you can just manually start it up once all your other programs have started up or you have completed what you need to do during start up. 

kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

@glenperes You should be able to click on that blue splash screen, and it will go away while Designer finishes starting up. I see you're using 2020.4, so this may have changed, but clicking on it worked in previous versions.

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @kelly_gilbert,

Wow, this works. That was mindblowing thank you!

kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

@Emil_Kos I don't remember who showed this to me years ago, but it was life changing!!

Note, I saw there is a known issue in 2020.2 (DE24306) where this can sometimes cause the Alteryx icon not to appear in the taskbar. I've never had that happen myself, but good to know!

glenperes
8 - Asteroid

Thanks a lot @kelly_gilbert 

Clicking on the blue splash screen does make it go away, such a simple solution!

Labels