Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

Error Opening File - Email Tool

Jason_Fenner
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, 

I have a workflow that produces up to 8 files that I want to send via the email tool. It's not always 8 and therefore I'm getting an error whenever the file is not created for the email tool and none of the files get sent. Is there a way to only send the files that were created without getting this error?

Jason_Fenner_0-1665413619315.png

3 REPLIES 3
Jason_Fenner
6 - Meteoroid

Picture of Email Tool Attachment Configuration. Based on Conditions of the Input files not all files will be created every time. 

Jason_Fenner_0-1665414947369.png

gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

@Jason_Fenner have you tried output your results as temp files using a render tool and then picking up those temp files in the email?

Post below will show you how this can be done.

Solved: Attach a dynamic named excel file in Email tool - Alteryx Community

Jason_Fenner
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks, What I eventually did was create a text input with the same fields as the output. If no rows were created by the flow, the file will still be generated due to the text input. The file with 1 row indicating "No Moves" remaining would still get generated and the email tool will always find it. 

Jason_Fenner_0-1665757374252.png

Jason_Fenner_1-1665757402626.png

Labels