Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Alteryx support – anybody home?

Jørgen
5 - Atom

Hi. I tried to sign up for the 30-day trial last Tuesday, but I could not figure out how to activate the trial license. No buttons in the installer to indicate I’d like to try-and-buy, and no onboarding e-mail with a trial license code.

To add insult to injury, the information on Alteryx’ home page about how to activate the 30-day trial must be out of date, because the documentation does not correspond with the present installer.

Hence an e-mail to support. After this I have been bombarded by messages from the Alteryx marketing team with invitations to events, tips on how to answer all my questions, inspirational quotes, an encouragement to get certified, and just by signing up here in this forum I obviously obtained a new badge – I’m so proud of myself.

Alteryx support on the other hand, they are apparently running in radio silence mode, so I have still not been able to try Alteryx. What is the deal here, does Alteryx have 99 people working in marketing and one person in support?

Any suggestions on how to get the 30-day trial running, or how to get an answer from Alteryx support?

3 REPLIES 3
jw68937
8 - Asteroid

They’re usually pretty responsive, the annual Alteryx  conference has been going on over the last couple of days. Hopefully you’ll get something back tomorrow. 

Jørgen
5 - Atom

Hi jw, thanks for your reply.

I just got an e-mail from Alteryx, so for a brief moment I got my hopes up just a bit, but once again it was another uplifting message from the boys and girls at marketing, telling me I could "Start solving in Minutes". Yes, sure I could, if only I pretty please could try the software.

This conference, it's only for the (entire) support crew?

WillM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Jørgen I'd like to close the loop on your issue - it looks as though it was resolved by Support but I wanted to confirm with you since it wasn't mentioned here in the community thread.

Will Machin
Community Management Team Lead
Alteryx
Labels