Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Video Suggestions -- New To Alteryx and Training for Core Certification

jtc1081
6 - Meteoroid

Hi!  Am new to Alteryx and am trying to prepare for my core certification exam so I'm looking for basic video suggestions.

I have already watched the Core-Certification-Prep-Part-I video and although I understood everything discussed conceptually, I felt like the instructor navigated the tool as if it was geared toward someone already a little bit familiar with the tool itself.

Am assuming this is a video series geared towards exam prep instead of an intro to Alteryx altogether.  Any other videos that someone could suggest that are more basic for someone just opening up the tool for the first time?

Thanks in advance!

8 REPLIES 8
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @jtc1081 

I definitely recommend going through the 'getting started' interactive lessons:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/tkb-p/interactive-lessons/label-name/Getting%20...

jtc1081
6 - Meteoroid

Great, thank you!  Will take a look.

jtc1081
6 - Meteoroid

Hi  - for the "Inputting Data into Your Workflow" training, does anyone know how to proceed on from the "Previewing Data" section?  Not sure if there is anymore content or only the quiz remaining, but nothing else shows on the menu items on the left side panel and ultimately it's only showing that I've completed 75% of that specific module.

@ Luke_C these are great by the way...exactly what I was looking for

DataNath
17 - Castor

@jtc1081 I came across this issue recently. I hadn't realised that there were interactive parts of the lessons. At times, there will be a section of the screen highlighted in red for you to click on, or you'll be prompted to drag tools onto the canvas/type things into text boxes etc - go through again and make sure to look out for these (not necessarily in every lesson). Once you've completely watched/interacted with everything, you can then do the mini 3-question quizzes and the module will be marked as passed/completed.

jtc1081
6 - Meteoroid

@DataNath Great, thank you for the quick response!  I hadn't even thought that small red arrow pointing to the "Run" button meant it was asking me to actually select it! 😀

jtc1081
6 - Meteoroid

Great, thank you for the quick response!  I hadn't even thought that small red arrow pointing to the "Run" button meant it was asking me to actually select it! 😀

Alteryx_AR
12 - Quasar

@jtc1081 Besides Interactive lessons , I found help documentation very useful in preparing for certification  Documentation | Alteryx Help.

jtc1081
6 - Meteoroid

@Alteryx_AR Great, thank you!

Labels