Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Engine Works

Under the hood of Alteryx: tips, tricks and how-tos.
MeganDibble
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

This winter, we hosted a series of webinar events on Community around one theme--preparing your workflows for vacation. In other words, designing Alteryx workflows to be error-proof and well-documented, ensuring anyone on your team can run them. 

Each event was an hour long and packed with insights from current and former Alteryx ACEs. If you couldn't catch the events live, don't worry! We've highlighted some great moments from the first event in this blog, and we will post recaps of the second and third events in the coming weeks. Let's jump in!

Event #1: Designing for Flexibility and Repeatability 

How do you error-proof your workflow if you don't know how errors might happen? @AbhilashR had a great answer.

@MarqueeCrew explained how when he's developing workflows, he starts with getting the right answer first, and then moves toward improving the workflow.

Another part of making your workflow vacation proof is making sure that others can understand it. Here's what @JosephSerpis had to say:

What happens when your workflow is affected by data changes? @MarqueeCrew and @AbhilashR discussed breaking the workflow on purpose in order to prevent future errors.

Finally, this quote from @JosephSerpis nicely summarized the session:

If you want to watch the full recording, you can do so here: Event #1: Designing for Flexibility and Repeatability

Stay tuned for the highlights from the other events! 

Event #2 Recap

Event #3 Recap

Megan Dibble
Sr. Content Manager

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.

Hi, I'm Megan! I am a Sr. Content Manager at Alteryx. I work to make sure our blogs and podcast have high quality, helpful, and engaging content. As a data analyst turned writer, I am passionate about making analytics & data science accessible (and fun) for all. If there is content that you think the community is missing, feel free to message me--I would love to hear about it.

Comments