Dev Space

Customize and extend the power of Alteryx with SDKs, APIs, custom tools, and more.
SOLVED

Salesforce Input Connector - Selecting Deleted Records

mpurdy
8 - Asteroid

I was wondering if it was possible to select deleted records using the Salesforce Input Connector? Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide.

31 REPLIES 31
nick_ceneviva
11 - Bolide

Thanks for the quick response!! I was able to create a copy of the macro and return the isDeleted records.  

One minor thing to call out is that the formula tool that needs updated is actually in the "Build Query" container.  In the lone formula tool in that container, update the URL formula.  Just wanted to call this out for anyone else trying to make the change to the macro.

mpurdy
8 - Asteroid

Sorry, yes you are correct, been too long since I did it. Thanks

mpurdy
8 - Asteroid

@NeilR if I am trying to duplicate the control SalesForceInput (the new SF Input Connector) how do I do this? It looks like it is now written in the js file and I can edit the query in there so that it does a "queryAll" instead of just a "query". Thanks!

NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @mpurdy,

You're right we re-wrote this tool using our HTML/JavaScript SDK so you will no longer find a macro. But you can still make a copy of the tool and customize it, as you did before. I believe the relevant line of code that you're looking for is line  274 in the Salesforce.js file:

url = url + '/services/data/v'+apiVersion+'.0/query/';

Happy hacking!

-Neil

Samanthaj_hughes
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Thank you Neil! :D

#Alteryxrocks
nithyas
7 - Meteor

Hi,

We are in the same situation, where we'd need to query for deleted records. Other than replacing the line in the .js file, is there no other way around this? Since this might affect all workflows using the SalesforceInput.

Thanks!

mpurdy
8 - Asteroid

Hi, no I wouldn't recommend making the change in the Alteryx Salesforce Input tool, I'd make a copy and update that version instead. Then you can use the new tool when you need to query deleted records.

nithyas
7 - Meteor

Hi, Thanks. I am fairly new to alteryx. So, I've made a copy of the SalesforceInput (Input-Queryall) and replaced the .js file there. Using this new input does bring up the deleted records. But, what happens when we move this workflow to the server as a scheduled job. Would it still be functional?

Thanks!

NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You will need to add the new custom tool to your server.

nithyas
7 - Meteor

Thought so. Thank you for the confirmation!