Dev Space

Customize and extend the power of Alteryx with SDKs, APIs, custom tools, and more.
SOLVED

Nested batch macro Error with HTML GUI SDK

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hey all,

Hoping someone can help me out. I have a macro that allows a user to decide what files they want to bring back from an Amazon S3 bucket without needing to write any command line code. I have developed one tool using the same process that just gets information back from the bucket on objects contained within the bucket. My next step was to allow a user to decide what files they wanted. I decided to start with some base options:

1) Most recently published file

2) Most recent file (by date in object name)

3) Specific Object - they can input which one with a text box

4) Most recently published X files - they can decide how many

I have my tool fully done, but I keep getting the following warnings and error when I try to use the tool:

Help with HTML GUI S3 tool.PNG

If anyone knows how to remove these warnings or remove the error (Tool #115 is my nested batch macro) that would be greatly appreciated!

10 REPLIES 10
cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hey @PaulN,

This works for passing the values as radio buttons in a group! Exactly what I want to do. Once I figured out how the values were passing through I adjusted my macro to make sure it was working correctly. Thank you for mentioning the idea of looking at the XML to see how values were being passed as that was my "AHA" moment!