Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Community Gallery

Create, download, and share user-built tools and workflows.
Looking for Alteryx built Add-Ons?

Easily shop verified, supported, and secure Partner and Alteryx built Add-Ons on Marketplace.

LEARN MORE
Comments
Shifty
12 - Quasar

Nice!

jsilavong
8 - Asteroid

Awesome! Thanks - Is there a tool for outputting to password protected excel file. 

athina
7 - Meteor

Great tool! Is there an option to choose a sheet if your Excel has multiple sheets in it?

jfreeman22
5 - Atom

Works great for the first worksheet, but how can it be configured to read a different tab in the file?

Diego_Bmg
5 - Atom

is it possible to select the most recent file in a folder?

JoannaCzechowska
5 - Atom

Hi there, wondering if anyone else has encountered issues with this tool when importing formula-driven data from Excel? We've got a use case where an existing report (password protected Excel spreadsheet) is being imported as one of the data sources. That reporting contains Excel formulas (the usual Vlookups, IF statements, some simple calculations).

What seems to be happening with that data is that rather than importing the values, we're getting the formulas in the dataset. We've done a bit of testing on a simple file and replicated the same issue - pls see screenshot below. Any ideas on how we could fix this? 

Issue.JPG

XinYi_Ng
5 - Atom

Is this macro able to import multiple excels with different passwords?

hfibrahim
7 - Meteor

Hello all,

i am getting below error in macro, can you please help me in this. 

Error: Python (21): Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\sibrahim\AppData\Local\Temp\1\Engine_26980_4fd613c0876942e5b6b029234b18c640_\feb8640967b78f50942599a9f3c99a17\workbook.py", line 18, in <module>
with open(Alteryx.read("#1").iloc[0, 0], 'rb') as file:

FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\sibrahim\\Downloads\\pswd file to read in alteryx\\WF_DECRYPT_EXCEL_FILES\\Output\\ExcelSample_1.xlsx'

hfibrahim
7 - Meteor

psw macro.png

Monica_
6 - Meteoroid

Hi!

Could anyone help me how this one would work if you have multiple sheets?

Thanks!

ypt
7 - Meteor

Hi, I'm facing this error. How can I proceed?

Error vr2022.3.JPG