Welcome to the Gallery. Please feel free to post and comment, and check out our FAQ!

Community Gallery

Post, download, and share all of your favorite tools and workflows — from Alteryx supported to user-built.
Introducing Alteryx Marketplace

Easily access verified, supported, and secure Add-Ons.

LEARN MORE
Comments
Shifty
12 - Quasar

Nice!

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Thankyou MR @Shifty 

jsilavong
8 - Asteroid

Hi @IraWatt , 

How do I configure this tool?

jsilavong_0-1654098450444.png

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @jsilavong,

Just right click then insert the macro into your workflow, then pass over the password and file location.

IraWatt_0-1654098528441.png

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Let me know if the tool works alright for you @jsilavong !

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Dear @IraWatt .

Could you please advise on the following queries?

1. Does it need to use the input the text tool? 

2. Could you share with me the complete worklfow including the input text tool so that i can replicate what you have done as i not sure how to run it despite i know i have to insert the macro?

I have different view as compared to you as per screenshot below:

SH_94_0-1655694765940.png

Many thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @SH_94 and @jsilavong I have updated the tool to make it easier to install.

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Dear @IraWatt ,

Thank you for the prompt response.

I have the error as below and may i know how we can solve it?

SH_94_0-1657099999124.png

Thank you and hope to hear from you soon

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @SH_94,

After some investigation I found this: Error: Failed to find virtual env named: "designer... - Alteryx Community you will need to upgrade designer to update your python environment. 

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @IraWatt ,

Thanks a lot for the prompt response. May i know if there is any version that work well for 2020 version?

Thank you.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@SH_94 The python environment was updated with version 2021.1.4 release so 2020 is not covered. 

Ryan_Li
5 - Atom

Hi @IraWatt,

Thanks for your sharing with the Password Protected Excel Input Tool, I tried to use it but encountering some error messages as indicated below.

May I seek for further advice on the issue?

1. Is it essential to use this add-on tool with the minimum version 2022.1 of Alteryx Designer? My current version is 2021.4
    Ryan_Li_1-1662435901213.png

2. Is the error message  about the python package? I am not quite understand how to follow up the error to resolve it.....

Ryan_Li_3-1662436016186.png

Grateful if you could provide advice on it.

Thanks.

Gforce
5 - Atom

HI
Is there a link to output excel password protect macro?
thanks

MohammedSanad
5 - Atom

thanks for this amazing tool

but header shown as a column and new header appears 

also how i can select specific tab sheet if i have more than tab sheet 

thank you 

jsilavong
8 - Asteroid

Awesome! Thanks - Is there a tool for outputting to password protected excel file. 

Sdsahebdin
5 - Atom

Hi,

I have the same problem as @Ryan_Li

Please can you explain me, what is wrong.. There is a solution ? 
thank you ! 

AD064E71-64B5-4C67-BA84-FCADD79A7BC9.jpeg

Caterina19
5 - Atom

hello - I am also having the same error as  Sdsahebdin and Ryan_Li. I am using 2021.4 version. 

subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['C:\\ProgramData\\App-V\\D6ADB657-9D3F-42FE-90F8-DB9B347F8FD1\\A58CFA91-26A7-4821-BDFE-38660FBD152F\\Root\\bin\\Miniconda3\\envs\\DesignerBaseTools_venv\\python.exe', '-I', '-m', 'pip', 'install', '--user', 'openpyxl']' returned non-zero exit status 1.

Can you pls help? 

thanks 

athina
7 - Meteor

Great tool! Is there an option to choose a sheet if your Excel has multiple sheets in it?

jfreeman22
5 - Atom

Works great for the first worksheet, but how can it be configured to read a different tab in the file?

Diego_Bmg
5 - Atom

is it possible to select the most recent file in a folder?

JoannaCzechowska
5 - Atom

Hi there, wondering if anyone else has encountered issues with this tool when importing formula-driven data from Excel? We've got a use case where an existing report (password protected Excel spreadsheet) is being imported as one of the data sources. That reporting contains Excel formulas (the usual Vlookups, IF statements, some simple calculations).

What seems to be happening with that data is that rather than importing the values, we're getting the formulas in the dataset. We've done a bit of testing on a simple file and replicated the same issue - pls see screenshot below. Any ideas on how we could fix this? 

Issue.JPG

XinYi_Ng
5 - Atom

Is this macro able to import multiple excels with different passwords?

hfibrahim
7 - Meteor

Hello all,

i am getting below error in macro, can you please help me in this. 

Error: Python (21): Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\sibrahim\AppData\Local\Temp\1\Engine_26980_4fd613c0876942e5b6b029234b18c640_\feb8640967b78f50942599a9f3c99a17\workbook.py", line 18, in <module>
with open(Alteryx.read("#1").iloc[0, 0], 'rb') as file:

FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\sibrahim\\Downloads\\pswd file to read in alteryx\\WF_DECRYPT_EXCEL_FILES\\Output\\ExcelSample_1.xlsx'

hfibrahim
7 - Meteor

psw macro.png

Monica_
6 - Meteoroid

Hi!

Could anyone help me how this one would work if you have multiple sheets?

Thanks!