Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Zip Function on the Server

Cferrer6
8 - Asteroid

Hi all, 

I have a workflow where i zip pdf files in a network drive. It works on the designer perfectly but once i upload my workflow to the server it gives me attached error message. Does anyone know if the server allows run commands for zipping?

7 REPLIES 7
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

HEy @Cferrer6 ,

When publishing the workflow to the gallery, you need to leave the bat file unchecked.

This will create a new bat file on the server.

I suspect you could be running a bat file from designer with the wrong script.

fmvizcaino_0-1646870545610.png

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Cferrer6
8 - Asteroid

Hi again, 

Thanks for your help. i can confirm the bat file is unchecked(screen shot attached. I also uploaded my workflow. I tried two scripts in designer and both worked but not in the server only in designer. Any idea why they dont work in the server?

Cferrer6
8 - Asteroid

@fmvizcaino Hi- Please see reply post, i forgot to add your name so you get notice

Cferrer6
8 - Asteroid

@fmvizcaino 

Are you able to take a look at the last inquiry?

darryl5280
10 - Fireball

The Zip Program is not apart of Windows, so you have to have the Zip Program installed on the Server.

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Take a look at what @darryl5280 suggested.

Also, since you are trying to save to a shared folder, the account running the Alteryx Server must have access to that folder.

Try saving a file to that shared folder with a workflow published in the gallery to check if that account has all the permissions needed.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Cferrer6
8 - Asteroid

Thank you. IT is confirmed that the server has access to the network folder but looks like we need Zip Program installed on the Server.