Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Workflows hang on Azure Server

gsjacobs
8 - Asteroid

We are experiencing an intermittent issue with workflows running on our Azure server.  The workflows start running but hang up.  they will eventually max out resources causing the entire environment to hang up.  The remedy is to stop and restart the Alteryx Service.  At times, it required a restart on the virtual server to re-establish authentication.  Before being put in the Azure environment, the workflows are tested in the locally installed (laptop) Designer and on-Prem sandbox server.  There are no issues there, only in the Azure environment.  Has anyone experienced the same or similar issue?

8 REPLIES 8
WilliamR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi,

which azure instance are you using ?

(If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.)

lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@gsjacobs 

If you are still having these issues, you can contact Support for help.  They'll want you to submit RuntimeSettings.xml for each node, and logs.  Please refer to this  Community KB article or this pair of articles for guidance on how to gather logs from your server.

Lisa LePome
Principal Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.
gsjacobs
8 - Asteroid

Hi Lisa,

I have submitted a support request and turned the issue over to our Production system admin. 

Thank you.

ScottZorn
5 - Atom

Do you have a good set of specs for running Designer on a Windows 10 Pro desktop running in Azure?

We have been testing, and just can't get workflows to run anywhere close to what we see on desktops (4x slower foro example)

The CASS engine is the part that we're speinding the bulk of the processing time on.

lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@ScottZorn 

The single best piece of advice I can offer on CASS is to load it onto a local drive even if you otherwise use a network installation for your Insights.  The CASS data set is small enough so that it's worth committing the drive space to eliminate the network delays.

Lisa LePome
Principal Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.
gsjacobs
8 - Asteroid

A support ticket was opened, the requested information was provided, but the case was closed without resolution.

BarbaraBonanno
5 - Atom

I am experiencing the same issue with moving our onprem system to Azure. Support is less than helpful. Was there a solution to this? 

gsjacobs
8 - Asteroid

I am no longer at the company where we experienced this issue.  As far as I know it was never resolved.