This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
Part 1: Installing your Data (Network & Command Line)
This article will walk through the Network data installation process and is intended for Admins. If you are looking for a guide on the standard local installation process, then check out our article on Local Data Installation.
Network Data Install (Advanced)
Considering that the entire US Business Insights bundle is around 180GB, we often have cases where a user will run out of hard drive space during the data install. If you find yourself in this boat and are on a company network, you can resolve your space issues by performing a network install with the Alteryx Data Installer.
This can also potentially save a huge amount of installation time when you have multiple users for the Data Bundle. Instead of performing this lengthy install numerous times – once for each user – you can install once and be done.
The downside to a Network Install is performance. A Local Install will almost always have better performance, as a Network Install is limited to network speeds and read/write times on your network drive.
A Network Install consists of two operations:
1. Preparing the Network Installation – contents of the Alteryx Data Install are copied to and prepared on your network location.
2. Registering the Network Installation – where each of your users navigate to the prepared network location in order to register the data sets to their machine.
To Prepare a Network Installation:
1. Follow Steps 1 – 4 within the (Local Installation process article)[hyper-link here].
2. You should now be at the Location screen - choose ‘Prepare a Network Install’ and browse to the shared network location where you wish to install. Be sure that all users have the same configuration if you're using a mapped network drive.
At a minimum, each of your users will need read access to this location. If you plan to install CASS to this network location, then your users will also need write access to this location.
Click ‘Finish’ after selecting the network location and let the Alteryx Data Installer run.
3. Once the installation is complete, each of your users will need to register the Prepared Network Install to their computers.
2. The installation process should take no more than a couple minutes to copy over a handful of files to the user’s computer (sample data, etc.). Once done registering, the user can immediately start accessing the installed data in Alteryx.
Command Line Install (Advanced)
The Alteryx Data Installer also has command line operations for all of our IT users. Please refer to our Command Line documentation for more details.