Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

What do the Types in the usageReports Mongo Collection mean?

Claje
14 - Magnetar

Hi,

I'm currently in the process of enabling Designer Usage reporting with our Alteryx Server, and am testing some of this functionality.

In looking at the Alteryx Server Usage report, I found filters for types 0 and 10.

I am currently seeing types 10 and 12 in my database so far.

Is there a list of all valid types in the usageReports collection and the corresponding values?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
JeffF
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Claje

Here is what the types mean:

Has SeatGuid - Alteryx 11.7 and previous

0 - Workflow run

2 - Search and Profiling

Version Does Not Matter

11 - Install or Upgrade

No SeatGuid - 11.8 through 2018.x

10 - Workflow run

12 - Search

400 - Profiling

Thanks.

Claje
14 - Magnetar

Thank you very much! That's really helpful!

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @JeffF 

I am just going through the usageReport that is generated and spotted two new record types being created:

• Type 14 - Looking at the Data field it has results like "[{"Shepherding":[{"Startup Tour Screen Displayed":false,"Tour Started":false}]}]". Is this recording the times when the Alteryx executable is loaded? It seems to be only picking up post 2019.1 is this correct?
  • Type 15 - I've only got one record in this so not sure what it's supposed to show, but the Data field it's data is "{"UseClassicMode":false}" What does this show?

Thanks in advance

Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com
PaulN
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @cgoodman3,

I suppose that you have 2019.2 beta installed because, as you mentioned, these types appear post 2019.1:

14 - Shepherding (If the user enables the Designer tour and how far they get)

15 - Interactive Results Grid or Classic Mode for Input/Output search

Thanks,

Paul Noirel

Sr Customer Support Engineer, Alteryx

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @PaulN 

Yes I have the 2019.2 beta installed so that's why these types are only coming through for me as a user.

An additional set of questions while I have you:

1) The 400 type what does this contain? It's coming back with things like "{"Profiling":"Bins: 75, limit: 10000"}"

2) Is it possible to get a unique ID for the workflow (either filename or an ID) as the usage data is per run, so when doing things like tool count used it would be interesting to remove duplicates where a user might press run several times while building a workflow

3) Is it possible to get the tool dragged from the toolbar as well as the tool dragged from the search bar?

Thanks

Chris

Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com