Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Unrecognized or bad HTTP Content or Transfer-Encoding Download tool

EVSL
6 - Meteoroid

I am getting this error after upgrading server and designer to 2022.Error transferring data: Unrecognized or bad HTTP Content or Transfer-Encoding (ToolId: 117).The error is occasional meaning sometimes the api get goes through and for the same api enpoint and authorization , the get request  errors out on the same site.

9 REPLIES 9
ChBurger
6 - Meteoroid

Hello!

I have been experiencing this same issue for the past few months. After getting a support ticket submitted it appears adding the following headers will fix it!

• Accept-Encoding: *
  • cache-control: no-cache

Cheers!

Bigum
6 - Meteoroid

You have no idea how brilliant this is, we've struggled with these issues for some time, and this solved it instantly! Thanks a lot!

ChBurger
6 - Meteoroid

I completely understand. Glad I could help!

Cheers!

Jen
5 - Atom

Hi! I came across this post as I was having the same issue, and it seems to have solved the issue (thank you!) - however I was wondering what exactly these headers are doing in the download tool? Will it cause any missing data or other issues?

ChBurger
6 - Meteoroid

Hey @Jen

Long story short this will not cause any issues pertaining to loss of data but it does fix the issue of the bad encoding erroring out the workflow.

Cheers,

Chad

hroderick-thr
11 - Bolide

We are having this problem and I am very grateful to have this advice.

Would you confirm this is how it is configured in the download tool?

hroderickthr_0-1686854683498.png

dbmurray
8 - Asteroid

@hroderick-thr interested to know if that configuration worked for you.

hroderick-thr
11 - Bolide

@dbmurray  yes it solved my problem. Thank you very much

pfiskrat
7 - Meteor

I received this error using designer 2021.4 when iterating through paginated response from Graph API.

The headers above did not work for me. But I did find this article which provided headers that did work for me: Error: Error transferring data: Unrecognized or bad HTTP Content (alteryx.com)

Option 2 -- Add the following headers to the Download Tool configuration (rather than the option 1 headers above):
  1. Accept-Encoding: identity
  2. cache-control: no-cache