Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Unable to access Gallery after switching to SAML

Neycho-LCL
6 - Meteoroid
Hello,

We have changed our authentication type from Windows Authentication to SAML but now we are not able to log in to our Gallery. Azure AD is our IDP and once I click Sign In, I get redirected to Microsoft Azure. After entering my credentials I get "Page Not Found" error:

gallery error.jpg

Does someone have any idea how to fix this issue? What Attributes and Claims should we use for Azure configuration?

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Neycho-LCL changing authentication type is not recommended as each authentication type structures the mongo database differently if you are using the embedded mongo database option. You would need to raise a support ticket so they can help rebuild your mongo database.

Neycho-LCL
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, we are using a user-managed MongoDB and I already have rebuilt the database. I think the problem is with our Claims but we are not sure how to configure them.

PaulNo
10 - Fireball

Hi @Neycho-LCL,

Could you please confirm that you have cleared your browsing data after changing the authentication method?

Also, was test successful when you clicked on "Verify IDP" (Alteryx System Settings > Gallery > General) after changing the authentication mode?

Could you provide a screenshot of the "User Attributes & Claims" section of the configuration in Azure?

Best,

PaulN

Neycho-LCL
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @PaulNo,

Yes, I have cleared the browsing data and the "Verify IDP" was successful.

Here are our Attributes and Claims:

Neycho-LCL_0-1594712725940.png

Identifier (Entity ID) = https://OurGalleryUrl/aas/Saml2

Reply URL (Assertion Consumer Service URL) = https://OurGalleryUrl/aas/Saml2/Acs

PaulNo
10 - Fireball

Hi @Neycho-LCL,

Thanks for the details.

From your comments, I assume that you have already checked https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server/Configuring-SAML-2-0-on-Alteryx-Server-for-Azure-AD/...

I would verify Gallery/AAS logs since error message to confirm the error message.

Also, your screenshot shows a warning with the certificate. This could be worth confirming this too. 

With efficiency in mind, it might be easier to go on a call to verify your configuration, so I would suggest you to contact support@alteryx.com -and mention this thread- and share with them:

- your version of Alteryx Server

- your browser (it shouldn't matter but, just in case...)

- your configuration (C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\RuntimeSettings.xml)

- Gallery logs (location could be found in Alteryx System Settings)

- AAS logs (location: C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Logs\aas-log-xxxx.txt)

- a screenshot of your full Azure configuration

Feel free to update this thread with the answer if possible.

Best,

PaulN

Neycho-LCL
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @PaulNo, thank you for the advice.

I have contacted the support 2 weeks ago but they are still not able to help me. Their suggestions don't work. So, I'm looking here if anyone had the same issue and found a solution for it.

erich_shiino
7 - Meteor

Hi,

Were you able to solve this issue?