Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Problem Loading App

JoseNavarro
8 - Asteroid

Hi

I've published a wf in our Gallery (Validation ok)

When I schedule the wf runs correctly.

When I try to run it manually I get this error:

any ideas?

Thanks

Captura de pantalla 2021-03-09 a las 9.26.37.png

8 REPLIES 8
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Is F a mapped drive (a network shared drive perhaps)?  For Gallery it usually doesn't work and requires full UNC paths.

JoseNavarro
8 - Asteroid

No, I'm not using anything in the workflow. Indeed it's a text input with a browse (to test)

Anyway I always use UNC..

Thanks!

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Ah, sorry, I didn't look closely enough at the screen shot.

First, I'd make sure the staging folder on the server the app is running on exists.  Can you navigate to that path in the screen shot on the server?  Second, this file may be part of a macro, or a chained app.  Are there macros in your app, or is it a chained app?  Something in the app is looking for new.yxmd in the location specified.  The fact that it runs from your machine means that your machine has that folder and new.yxmd, but the sever does not.

JoseNavarro
8 - Asteroid

HI!

The app is only a Text Input with a browse. Nothing else.

Yes, that path contains the wf. The wf is there. 

It's very weird but it's happening. Indeed I can schedule and it works. (It only failing a Manual run)

the wf has been published using the server, so the server has the path

Thanks.

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I'm at a loss then without being able to see the app, your machine, and your server.  Maybe try deleting it from teh Gallery and re-saving it for the heck of it.

hroderick-thr
11 - Bolide

I suggest downloading from server then either the new (and great) find feature or opening in notepad to search for F: .  Perhaps it is hiding somewhere like an event

JoseNavarro
8 - Asteroid

That it's happening for every wf in the Gallery that I try to run manually.

Weird

hroderick-thr
11 - Bolide

I'm thinking there's some peculiar logging going on server. 

Get your server admin team involved first in case they are aware about anything special taking place. If they plead not guilty it is time for Alteryx support.