Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Input in chained app on gallery reading 0 records (limit reached)

gjunhao96
8 - Asteroid

Hi all, I have a chained app on the gallery that reads in user inputs as a .csv file. This userinput.csv file is created dynamically from the first app and saved as a .csv file in a shared folder. The file is then picked up by pointing the input tool to the file path on the shared folder. I can confirm that the userinput.csv is not empty. Even if the first app is not run, the userinput.csv will still hold the record from the previous run.

However, when running the app on gallery, the app reads in 0 records (limit reached)

gjunhao96_0-1663557190148.png

Anyone know why this is happening?

2 REPLIES 2
mpizzorusso
7 - Meteor

I believe the issue you're running into is related to incorrect Workflow Dependencies. Make sure that you select UNC paths as outline in this post.

Also, sometimes when you initially upload a workflow to your Gallery it will include a copy of the .csv input and save that to the Gallery as well. Be sure that a version of userinput.csv exists in the correct location with the correct data structure before trying to upload the workflow again.

Signature.JPG

gjunhao96
8 - Asteroid

Hi Matt, thank you for your response. I managed to workaround the issue by calling the file within a python tool I had in my workflow, will keep your suggestions in mind in the future!