Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

How to get alteryx server admin rights

pgeorge4
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I am already a user in Alteryx server(V11).But I don't have the Admin rights on server like scheduling the workflow on server,adding other users onto the alteryx server and setting up permission to run workflow etc.

There is already another admin in the server. What setting should I ask him update to make me also the admin on the server?

Regards,

Philip

5 REPLIES 5
JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @pgeorge4

These are all admin permissions which can only be set by the admin. There can only be on admin on the server, but within collections there can be multiple.

Scheduling the workflow on server:

11.0 - Admin will need to set this is the scheduler tab to enable you to schedule workflows

10.6 - Admin will need to distribute the controller token and machine name

Adding other users onto the Alteryx server:

Windows Authentication: Users will just need access to the server URL (Depends what the default permission has been set up as depending upon access)

Built-in Authentication: User will need to create credentials

Setting up permission to run workflow:

This is set up by the admin Gallery wide. 

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant

pgeorge4
7 - Meteor

Thank you Jordan for the reply.

I have been added as an admin on a collection in alteryx server.Please refer the attached item.But I still dont have the options to schedule the workflows.

Do you have any document link which helps on the task "11.0 - Admin will need to set this is the scheduler tab to enable you to schedule workflows". I will request the admin to set up this for me.

Regards,

philip

SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

@pgeorge4 - this article walks your admin through how to enable Gallery scheduling for users in 11

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
pgeorge4
7 - Meteor

Hi Sophia,

Thanks for your reply.

I have the Collection admin access But I think that is not enough for setting the permission for scheduling the workflows.

Is it possible to enable multiple  Gallery Curator (Admin) in the server?.

Regards,

philip

JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @pgeorge4

The admin can set your permission level as curator within the Gallery and this will give you the access to the admin permissions.

If you follow @SophiaF article above you will be able to change the schedule permissions. 

***This will allow all users on the Gallery to schedule workflows

Best,

Jordan