Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Desktop usage is not reporting properly

mlingama
7 - Meteor

We are trying to use the 

Alteryx_Server_Usage_Report.yxmd

worklfow to report on desktop usage.  I have modified my RuntimeSettings.xml file to log my desktop usage. By adding:

<Designer>
<PhoneHomeUrl>https://mh-alteryx01.ourserver/gallery/</PhoneHomeUrl>
</Designer>

I have restarted my machine afterwards.  My data is getting logged to the Mongo Database: Alteryxgalley and usagereports "table:. However, my data is like below in the data column:

{"SampleModule":"C:\\Alteryx\\usage\\mongo connection.yxmd","ToolUsage":[]}

Since all SampleModules are filtered, I am not getting any usage information.

Do I need to make any other changes?

3 REPLIES 3
SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

@mlingama you should be fine with just the changes you have made - there are multiple entries that get logged for a run, which is why in our server usage report you can see that some are filtered out. Do you have any entries that are coming out of the report successfully? I would also note that your versions of the Server Usage Report and Server must match to account for any new schema changes to the database.

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
mlingama
7 - Meteor

HI Sophia,

I do have some that are coming out successfully.  The only ones that are coming thru are the ones where we create new workflows.  If we are running existing workflows or changing them then they are getting filtered out.

Mahesh

SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

@mlingama it could be that your version of the report is not correct or has been modified, or in the worst case the Designer is not reporting back to the Server accurately. I would suggest opening up a ticket with the Support team who can dig into it with you!

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.