Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Azure Data Lake Tools - Installation on server with no PyPI connection

tonykirl
5 - Atom

Hello,

I am working with our Alteryx Server admin to install Azure Data Lake Tools on Alteryx server 2019.4.

The server does not have access to the repositories to download the various Python packages required.

Has anyone encountered this issue and found a way of install the Azure Data Lake Tools? I have read about downloading packages offline but I'm not sure that this would work in conjunction with the tool installer.

Regards and thanks,

Tony.

AzureDataLakeConnectorPackages.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@tonykirl 

Are you referring to the below?

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/YXI-Understanding-the-installation-...

The YXI is an archive which contains the relevant packages so following the instructions you should be able to add all the dependencies into the relevant locations.

SabrinaCB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @tonykirl 

Thanks for posting on the community. We currently have 6 Python-based standalone data connectors (downloadable from Alteryx Public Gallery, such as the ADLS connector) that install Python packages during the YXI install process that @MichalM references (thank you!) Many users are in restricted environments (due to proxies, firewalls, etc) that can not reach Pypi.org.

Please feel free to reach out to Alteryx Support and we can help with an offline installation as well.

Happy Holidays!

Sabrina

Sabrina Blanck
Sr. Customer Support Engineer – Connectors SME
Alteryx, Inc.