Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx server: multiple sheets inputs from same excel file

yozveren
6 - Meteoroid

Hello everyone,

I am starting to use Alteryx server and I have encountered several difficulties and errors. I then decided to upload the application on my server gallery step by step, testing all additional feature.

I now am at a point where i need some help. After having solved the output side of the application, I am now working on the input side.

In Designer, my workflow starts with 5 inputs from the same Excel file with 5 different sheets. Note that all sheets have a different form and all is working perfectly. But it is not working on server, here's the breakdown:

1) When the application doesn't ask any input from the user and use a file in a shared DD, it works

2) When the application asks ONE input from the user and use a file in a shared DD for the 4 remaining sheets, it works

3) When the application asks TWO inputs from the same Excel file from the user and use a file in a shared DD for the 3 remaining sheets, it doesn't work

3) When the application asks TWO inputs from two different Excel files from the user and use a file in a shared DD for the 3 remaining sheets, it works

My conclusion is that asking several inputs from the same Excel file doesn't work in Alteryx Server. I tried to add "Block Until Done" as well, still not working.

Is that something known ? Any solution ?

Thanks,
Yezdan

3 REPLIES 3
Paulteryx
11 - Bolide

Greetings! 

Any chance you could share the specific errors you are encountering?

Cheers

yozveren
6 - Meteoroid

Yes sure. This is the message I get.

Paulteryx
11 - Bolide

Greetings,

I presume you are running this on your own company's Alteryx Gallery? If so, I am curious if you have any credentials listed in the Alteryx System Settings under "Run As."  This error generally either indicates a network issue, or a credentials issue with respect to pulling the data. If you are able to log in to the server you could pull Gallery Logs from \programdata\Alteryx\Service\Gallery to see if you can find anything about what exactly is failing and causing the error.