Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

zlib error

mmgrey
5 - Atom

I am extracting a sheet in an excel workbook and consolidating it into another excel file. After 6 workbooks I get this "zLib Error". I now get it on all my workflows so I stripped it down to one input tool and a Browser and still I get the error after it has read 6 files. It usually zips through 60 files.

Now all my workflows that extract data from excel gets the same error. I am using designer version 2020.1.2. All these workflows were working yesterday.

I have been working from home through my company's VPN.

Does anybody know what I am doing wrong?

5 REPLIES 5
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @mmgrey 

As a test, try copying all the files from W:\Global Provision\2020\Q2 to your local computer and repoint the Input tool to read from the local files.  If this works, the error could be due to the vpn.     

Can you also post the exact error message you see.  We can't run your sample workflow since we're not on your vpn

Dan

mmgrey
5 - Atom

Start: Designer x64: Started running C:\Users\mmgrey\Documents\Alteryx\FY2020\Output\Production Workflows\zlib error.yxmd at 04/09/2020 16:26:11
File_Input: Input Data (1): C:\Users\mmgrey\Documents\FY2020\Test Packages\Q2\303B - FY20 Tax Package - Q2.xlsm|216 records were read from "C:\Users\mmgrey\Documents\FY2020\Test Packages\Q2\303B - FY20 Tax Package - Q2.xlsm" (`CY Prov - CTX TU Totals$`)
File_Input: Input Data (1): C:\Users\mmgrey\Documents\FY2020\Test Packages\Q2\304B - FY20 Tax Package - Q2.xlsm|201 records were read from "C:\Users\mmgrey\Documents\FY2020\Test Packages\Q2\304B - FY20 Tax Package - Q2.xlsm" (`CY Prov - CTX TU Totals$`)
File_Input: Input Data (1): C:\Users\mmgrey\Documents\FY2020\Test Packages\Q2\306B - FY20 Tax Package - Q2.xlsm|218 records were read from "C:\Users\mmgrey\Documents\FY2020\Test Packages\Q2\306B - FY20 Tax Package - Q2.xlsm" (`CY Prov - CTX TU Totals$`)
File_Input: Input Data (1): C:\Users\mmgrey\Documents\FY2020\Test Packages\Q2\313B - FY20 Tax Package - Q2.xlsm|203 records were read from "C:\Users\mmgrey\Documents\FY2020\Test Packages\Q2\313B - FY20 Tax Package - Q2.xlsm" (`CY Prov - CTX TU Totals$`)
File_Input: Input Data (1): C:\Users\mmgrey\Documents\FY2020\Test Packages\Q2\407B - FY20 Tax Package - Q2.xlsm|201 records were read from "C:\Users\mmgrey\Documents\FY2020\Test Packages\Q2\407B - FY20 Tax Package - Q2.xlsm" (`CY Prov - CTX TU Totals$`)
File_Input: Input Data (1): C:\Users\mmgrey\Documents\FY2020\Test Packages\Q2\416B - FY20 Tax Package - Q2.xlsm|208 records were read from "C:\Users\mmgrey\Documents\FY2020\Test Packages\Q2\416B - FY20 Tax Package - Q2.xlsm" (`CY Prov - CTX TU Totals$`)
Error: Input Data (1): zLib Error
End: Designer x64: Finished running zlib error.yxmd in 3.8 seconds with 1 error

Dan,

I copied all the files to my hard drive and ran everything from there but it did the same; after processing 6 files it returned this zlib error before stopping. I also tried other workflows working from the hard drive and I get the same results.

Mike

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

@mmgrey 

This sounds like it could be an alteryx support issue.  You can reach them at support@alteryx.com or if you go to the support page and click on the email option it will open a template email that you can fill out.

Dan

lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@mmgrey 

Have you looked at this solved discussion?  Or this one?

If you are having a similar problem, you might review this Knowledge Base Article and if that is relevant, follow up with this one.

Lisa LePome
Principal Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.
mmgrey
5 - Atom

I finally found the excel file that was corrupted that was stopping the workflow from proceeding. Once this file was removed from the sequence, it ran successfully.

Mike

Labels