Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

replacing a value in input tool using text box and action tool

jaisaman
5 - Atom

i am pulling data in input tool from SQL, given the SQL query is large in size, i am not able to replace a value in the query say date using simple text box and Action tool(replace value), can we use any formula in action tool to make that work?

5 REPLIES 5
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @jaisaman,

You can use a formula in the action tool, there's a drop down at the top which allows you to input a formula.

IraWatt_0-1651840205771.png

Any questions make sure to ask :)

HTH,

Ira

jaisaman
5 - Atom

Thanks Ira for the help, actually i was looking for what formula to use here

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@jaisaman  If you are replacing a date which appears in your SQL query, and you want to replace all occurrences of it, then tick the 'Replace a specific string' and delete everything except the date in there

OllieClarke_0-1651841465314.png

jaisaman
5 - Atom

I tried that, but given that the SQL query is quite large, the action tool is not reading the entire query and just ending the query with ******

and hence the SQL query remains incomplete

jaisaman_1-1651842880092.png

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @jaisaman 

It's only the display of the SQL that is truncated in the Action tool and not the actual string itself.  Just make sure this field is highlighted and enter the text that you want to replace in the Replace a specific string field

Dan 

Labels