Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

download tool giving error server not connected

Devu_GN
5 - Atom

Hi team, 

I was working with download tool to call a rest api and it works as expected . But I was trying to log the error when the server becomes unavailable and add a 404 error, but the download Header will not provide any value incase of server not available case ..It just cause an error  Download (3) Error transferring data: Couldn't connect to server and the workflow fails.

I have tried to add message and a macro solution but for both the case I will require to get a value from Download Header.

2 REPLIES 2
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Do you have access to the actual machine that your Server is installed on? There is a local version of Designer installed on there - you can try running the workflow just as you would in standard Designer and see if it gives more descriptive error messages.

Devu_GN
5 - Atom

Hi ,

I was running the workflow locally and was running the rest api in my local. I considered this senario while testing. I didn't run my rest api and just hit the localhost with download tool and it was showing the above error but ideally it should return a 404 right?

So I was checking a method to capture 404 error while using download tool but no response is available in its header.

Labels