Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

download tool giving error server not connected

Devu_GN
5 - Atom

Hi team, 

I was working with download tool to call a rest api and it works as expected . But I was trying to log the error when the server becomes unavailable and add a 404 error, but the download Header will not provide any value incase of server not available case ..It just cause an error  Download (3) Error transferring data: Couldn't connect to server and the workflow fails.

I have tried to add message and a macro solution but for both the case I will require to get a value from Download Header.

2 REPLIES 2
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Do you have access to the actual machine that your Server is installed on? There is a local version of Designer installed on there - you can try running the workflow just as you would in standard Designer and see if it gives more descriptive error messages.

Devu_GN
5 - Atom

Hi ,

I was running the workflow locally and was running the rest api in my local. I considered this senario while testing. I didn't run my rest api and just hit the localhost with download tool and it was showing the above error but ideally it should return a 404 right?

So I was checking a method to capture 404 error while using download tool but no response is available in its header.

Labels