Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Why does my workflow queue but not execute? | Scheduling Workflow without Admin Rights.

ktipping
7 - Meteor

I have a scheduler license and had admin rights when scheduling a workflow to run every morning. Since then, it has remained in the queue and doesn't execute. I also no longer have admin rights on My Computer. Details of the schedule are listed below.

• Controller: My Computer
  • Scheduler DB/On Disk: Run the workflow from its original location on disk
4 REPLIES 4
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @ktipping - May be a stupid question. Is your computer switched on at the time the run is scheduled? 

ktipping
7 - Meteor

@ArtApa - The machine stays on 24/7 so there's no risk there. Would losing admin rights cause the scheduler to not longer run?

ktipping
7 - Meteor

I've yet to find a solution after attaining admin rights and changing user rights. Please let me know what information I can provide to help find a solution.

ktipping
7 - Meteor

I wanted to share a few details below:

• Alteryx Designer + Scheduler
  • Scheduler DB (Run a copy of the workflow stored in the scheduler DB) not utilizing original location on disk option
  • Source File is accessible by Source Machine

Shamelessly trying to reply in order to attract more attention to this issue since it has persisted for some time now.

Labels