Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Using List Box with a Connected Tool

ANarag
5 - Atom

I read several questions on this topic but I am unable to make my workflow work.

Attached is simplified version of my workflow but basically I need the ability to multi-select from a list of values to filter my output. 

I connected my list box to an input data with ID and Agent Bank Name Legal Name.  In the list box, what I wanted was to be able to select from the list of values in my Agent Bank Legal Name column, but instead, my list box is asking me to choose Agent Bank Legal Name and/or ID.  Then depending on what the user chooses, I placed an Action Tool to update a Filter Tool to I can output only the data the matches the Agent Bank Legal Name.

Would appreciate help on how I can connect all these tools together to create the output needed.

FYI: In workflow, I am using an excel file for both my input data but I really need to connect to an oracle database, so I am hoping the solution can also work for a table.

In case the data is not showing up, here's sample:

Some sample Input Data for the List Box:

Agent Bank Legal NameID
"Swedbank" AB1
"Swedbank" AS2
ANZ Bank New Zealand Ltd.131
AO Citibank3
Banco BCT S.A.8
Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria SA9
Banco de Chile13
Banco Itaú Uruguay S.A.10
Banco Nacional de Mexico, S.A. (Banamex)11
Banco S3 CACEIS Mexico, S.A., Institucion De Banca Multiple12
Bank Handlowy w Warszawie SA14
Bank Hapoalim BM15
Bank of China Limited17
Bank of Taiwan18
Bank Polska Kasa Opieki SA16
BNP Paribas S.A.4

Here's the some sample Input Data that I need to filter on:

Agent Bank MarketAgent Bank Legal NameAgent Bank Short NameAgent Bank DomicileAgent Bank RegulatorContracting Party NameContracting Party DomicileContracting Party Regulator
RussiaAO CitibankCiti RussiaRussiaCentral Bank of Russia (CBR)Citibank, N.A.United StatesFederal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) Federal Reserve Board (FRB) Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC)
Costa RicaBanco BCT S.A.BCT Costa RicaCosta RicaNational Supervisory Counsel of the Financial System (Consejo Nacional de Supervisiondel Sistema Financiero, CONASSIF)Corporacion BCT SACosta RicaNational Supervisory Counsel of the Financial System (Consejo Nacional de Supervisiondel Sistema Financiero, CONASSIF)
SpainBanco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria SABBVA SpainSpainBank of Spain (Banco de Espana, BoS), National Securities Market Commission (Comisión Nacional del Mercado de Valores. CNMV)Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria SASpainBank of Spain (Banco de Espana, BoS) National Securities Market Commission (Comisión Nacional del Mercado de Valores. CNMV)
ChileBanco de ChileBanco de Chile for CitiChileFinancial Market Commission (Comision para el Mercado Financiero, CMF)Citibank, N.A.United StatesFederal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) Federal Reserve Board (FRB) Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC)
UruguayBanco Itaú Uruguay S.A.Itau UruguayUruguayCentral Bank of Uruguay (Banco Central de Uruguay, BCU)Banco Itaú Uruguay S.A.UruguayBrazilian Central Bank (Banco Central do Brasil, BCB) Brazilian Securities Commission (Comissao de Valores Mobiliarios, CVM) Central Bank of Uruguay (Banco Central de Uruguay, BCU)
UruguayBanco Itaú Uruguay S.A.Itau UruguayUruguayCentral Bank of Uruguay (Banco Central de Uruguay, BCU)Itau Unibanco S.A.BrazilBrazilian Central Bank (Banco Central do Brasil, BCB) Brazilian Securities Commission (Comissao de Valores Mobiliarios, CVM) Central Bank of Uruguay (Banco Central de Uruguay, BCU)
PolandBank Handlowy w Warszawie SACiti PolandPolandFinancial Supervision Authority (Komisja Nadzoru Finansowego, PFSA), General Inspector of Financial Information (GIFI), National Depository for Securities (NDS)Citibank, N.A.United StatesFederal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) Federal Reserve Board (FRB) Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC)
IsraelBank Hapoalim BMBank Hapoalim IsraelIsraelBank of Israel (BoI), Israel Securities Authority (ISA)Bank Hapoalim BMIsraelBank of Israel (BoI) Israel Securities Authority (ISA)
ChinaBank of China LimitedBank of ChinaChinaChina Banking and Insurance Regulatory Commission (CBIRC), China Securities Regulatory Commission (CSRC), People's Bank of China (PBOC), State Administration of Foreign Exchange (SAFE)Bank of China LimitedChinaChina Banking and Insurance Regulatory Commission (CBIRC) China Securities Regulatory Commission (CSRC) People's Bank of China (PBOC) State Administration of Foreign Exchange (SAFE)
TaiwanBank of TaiwanBank of TaiwanTaiwanCentral Bank of the Republic of China (Taiwan) (CBC), Financial Supervisory Commission (FSC)Bank of TaiwanTaiwanCentral Bank of the Republic of China (Taiwan) (CBC) Financial Supervisory Commission (FSC)

1 REPLY 1
SPetrie
13 - Pulsar

The connected tool is showing you the 'fields' which is why its only shows the name and id as options to choose.

You can adjust that to be an external file with name/value pairs but not sure what the best way to get your Oracle data into that would be.

I edited it to use an external excel file and also changed it to use single quotes instead of double quotes to start and stop items.

I also changes the filter formula to be 'in' so it can find multiple items and adjusted the select tool accordingly.

SPetrie_0-1680557597246.png

I also checked off the browse tool in the interface designer.

Even if it was successful, it would not have displayed the results without it.

SPetrie_1-1680557688959.png

SPetrie_2-1680557741410.png

Hope this helps

Updated workflow is attached

Labels