Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Using In-DB .indbc file with the Dynamic Input In-DB tool

Heidi_
5 - Atom

I have a workflow that passes a connection field and a query field to a dynamic input in-db tool.  It works great on my laptop but to run on our gallery, I need to use an .indbc file to connect to the database.  Does anyone know of an easy way to do this?

I've attached a screen shot of the workflow and configuration of the dynamic input in-db and the text that is being sent to it. TIA!

3 REPLIES 3
RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Heidi_ you need to save your indb connection as a file, and then you can save this file with your workflow to the Gallery as an asset file.

Here you can find more info on how to do this:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/How-To-Create-an-Alteryx-In-DB-Conn...

Heidi_
5 - Atom

Thank you for replying!  I do have an .indbc file created, however since it's not being used in an In-DB input, I can't save it with the workflow when I save the workflow to the gallery (see photo).  My In-DB file is called UDWPROD.indbc

RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Heidi_ you might be able to work around this by using the Connect in-DB tool instead of the Dynamic Input. You can use the Interface tools to update this. 

Another way might be to package up a workflow which also uses the dbc file and save this up to the Gallery or another way I am thinking is to open workflow on the Designer installed on the Server machine, and save up to the Gallery from there.

Labels