Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unable to render map in Alteryx Browser - Mapserver Error: Parsing error near (~):(line3)

shadyalassal3
5 - Atom

Hello,

I have been struggling to view maps on Alteryx. The map in the browser does not render (Error Message: "Mapserver Error: Parsing error near (~):(line3)"). I tried uninstalling and re-installing Alteryx but the same problem exists. I also followed the solutions given in the cases listed below, but the problem still exists

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/MapServer-Error-Can-t-view-spatial-obj... 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/MapServer-Error/td-p/649693 

Workflow and csv files are attached. Appreciate your help

3 REPLIES 3
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I don't have any helpful information beyond confirming that the problem is not with your workflow/data. i was able to run and visualize the results no problem on 2020.4 (the version on my readily available environment at this time). 

20220131-MapRender.PNG

Did you double-check/update the Environment Variables as suggested in the thread you linked? You can check this on your computer by going to "System Properties" > "Advanced" > "Environment Variables" and follow the instructions in that thread.

20220131-MapRender2.PNG

If you've done that and it still doesn't work, I'd suggest you reach out to suppert@alteryx.com with all this information. 

shadyalassal3
5 - Atom

Thank you Charlie for your reply. I am using version 2021.3.4.00445 (Admin Designer).

I have set the environment path "PROJ_LIB" but it did not solve the issue.

shadyalassal3
5 - Atom

I received a reply from Alteryx support that the issue could be caused by having the Windows user account with special characters/spaces.

I created a new account with a user profile name that did not include any spaces or special characters and now it has been resolved.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels